Wednesday 2 May 2012

10 rounds in the ring

Some days I feel like I've done ten rounds in a ring with Mike Tyson. 


Having CFS is a lot like being in a boxing ring with a very unpredictable opponent. And some days when that bell rings to signify the end of the match, the hand the ref holds up to signify the winner - certainly isn't mine.


Wednesdays are usually a day when I feel like i've done at least 10 rounds in the ring, and am definitely floored.


Some days I take the fight slow and steady, with plenty of breaks when you sit in the corner with the towel around you neck, with a pep talk from the coach, other times I fight just a teensy bit too hard in round one, so by rounds 4, 5 and 6 there is little fight left in me.


But I'm getting better in the ring, knowing a few sneaky tricks to help me beat my fierce opponent, do come in handy !


Other times I just have to lie there, floored again, with my trusty coach reviving me for the next time we go head to head. 






Have to say I'm not a fan of boxing.



No comments:

Post a Comment