Saturday 8 June 2013

Realisation

Last week, I had a feeling, a sudden realisation, that in some ways, the hardest part is done.

There will be weeks of no sleep, stress and all the other things written in the small print of the parenting ticket, but I have done it. 
My slightly disfunctional body has grown two babies, sustained them for a few months and got through those early newborn days.

I feel utter relief, and such a sense of excitement at the times ahead to come. 

I am enjoying the present moments, not all, but most. 

This past week, I sat in my garden, looked at my girl singing to herself while painting her hands a muddy shade of green she had made by mixing all her paints together. Then I looked down into my arms and saw his squashyness's blue eyes gazing intently at me as he chewed earnestly on his fingers.

I did it, I am doing it, I am a Mum of two beautiful, messy, exhausting, creations.

It feels good. Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment