Sunday 13 October 2013

Times are a changin'

I have been wanting to write a post about my Little Tyke for a while now. She is just wonderful, and I could write about her all day, her little oddities, cute-ities, and lovely-ities.

She is mostly, (she has her off days, don't we all ?!) great company. I'm not sure if that shows how interesting she is, or how bad my social life has become, but either way. She is at the age where everything is a question, and enquiry or a request. She has even started telling jokes. 
Cute.
Now, for any other parents with a child over the age of three, this isn't news to you. But it's new for me, my first baby is now three, yes THREE. 
This is her at her birthday party, making a play dough sculpture of some description.



Tomorrow she takes her first trip out of our safe, fluffy nest, into the big wide world of pre school. 
I am trying not to make it into a huge drama, projecting some angst I have about her growing up onto her, isn't gonna help anyone. So tomorrow morning will be as low key affair as I can make it. 
When I come home from dropping her off, I will be trying my best not to lament the passing of one phase, instead being excited for new times ahead.  ( time will tell if I achieve this goal  )
As I write this down, it sounds entirely ridiculous but since she was about 5 months old I have worried about how I would get her to nursery when she started. Not being able to walk far, and not having access to a car during the day, kind of makes this new phase a tricky one. But true to form, various people and situations have come together to mean it will be just fine. 

I wanted this post to be more poetically written. A lovely reflection of my girl, but I'm a bit fuzzy headed today, you can't win them all ey.

Tomorrow is the start of a new phase for my Little Tyke and I, hoping, really hoping it will be an enjoyable one.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post so much. My little boy is about to turn four and amazes me everyday with his non stop questioning (and how he sometimes sounds like a moody teenager!). I hope she enjoyed preschool and you coped ok. I have been spending the last year wondering how we will fit the school routine into our lives and he doesn't even start until next September! Wishing you lots of energy and smiles

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, see post below ! put it in the wrong place.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Michelle ! She seemed to enjoy her first session, she wasn't overjoyed about it, but didn't hate it either....think that's a good sign ?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww bless her, once she settles and makes lots of little friends she'll be fine. My little boy loves preschool (although he can be a terror there sometimes). It does make for costly birthday parties though, we seem to have most of his preschool class coming to his fourth birthday!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete